Black Tangent builds software, consults and provides analytical solutions for industry leaders, primarily in the telecom industry.
We are seeking junior-to-mid level Rails developers to join our small, cooperative team. We look for people who are eager to learn new techniques and technologies, and can contribute their own unique knowledge and experience to the group.
We believe the best developers have T-shaped experience: a breadth of knowledge in multiple domains ranging from devops to front-end design, and additionally have one area of strong expertise.
- Build modern, responsive, and fast web applications as part of an experienced Agile team.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in industry standards, consumer expectations, and competing products.
- Learn the customer's business domain and develop an interest in making the best product possible within that domain.
Qualifications: Must Have
- 1 to 4 years experience as a software developer building mobile or web applications
- A solid academic background, with at least an undergraduate degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- A strong foundation in one object-oriented programming language
- Enjoys start-up style working environments; open to taking on new responsibilities in a fast-changing field
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English
- Expeirence working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Familiarity with SOLID/TDD/BDD/DDD processes
- Flexible working environment with the possibility to work remotely.
- Gain experience working on challenging problems as a full member of the team from the start. You won't be relegated to boring, repetitive tasks.
- Competitive pay and benefits based on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
No recruiters or agencies please!