We are seeking an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our cooperative team. We look for people who love building great products and can contribute their own knowledge and experience to the group.
What we look for:
- T-shaped skills: a breadth of knowledge in multiple domains, and additionally have an area of expertise they are passionate about.
- Ability to work independently towards a shared goal as part of a team.
- Interest in using new and old technologies together to build and deliver a complete product, rather than an interest in only one technology or one aspect of an application.
- Build modern and responsive web applications as part of an experienced Agile team.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in industry standards, consumer expectations, and competing products.
- Learn the customer's business domain and develop an interest in making the best product possible within that domain.
Qualifications: Must Have
- 4 to 8 years of experience as a software developer, including significant experience with Ruby on Rails. You should be able to architect and build an idiomatic Ruby on Rails application from scratch.
- Enjoys start-up style working environments; open to taking on new responsibilities in a fast-changing field.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English for direct client communication.
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design, enterprise architecture, and analysis patterns.
- Experience with user-interface design methods.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development.
- Be part of a supportive, cooperative team.
- A flexible working environment with the option to work remotely.
- A great vacation policy, competitive pay, and benefits based on experience.
Please send your CV and provide an example of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
No recruiters or agencies please!